Internet Marketers Code of Ethics
I originally had this as a page but I decided that this needs to be out in front not hidden away in the pages of my blog so here it is!
Thanks to Ken Harthun from the InternetMarketingGeek.com for bringing this to my attention. There are too many bad eggs out there on the net and I hope this code can spread far and wide to try and bring some ethics to the online community. I for one already follow this code and will not stray from it. It is in its early days and will grow and change as the industry does but it is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope you can all get something out of this.
1. I will not knowingly misrepresent myself or the products I am promoting.
2. I will not knowingly deceive my customers.
3. I will, at all times, treat my customers, my clients and my peers with due respect as they have earned and deserve.
4. I will comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
5. I will honor all guarantees and issue prompt refunds according to the terms I have stated without question.
6. I will support and promote this Internet Marketer’s Code of Ethics.
1. I will refrain from using deceptive and/or misleading headlines, email subject lines and testimonials.
2. Headlines, subject lines and testimonials will be relevant to the product I am promoting and relevant to the content of my promotional materials.
3. I will avoid high-pressure and/or manipulative sales tactics.
4. I will deliver everything I promise in my sales materials.
1. I will inform my prospects and customers of the frequency of communication they can expect of me.
2. I will adhere to those expectations.
3. I will treat all communications to my customers and prospects as if I am communicating with them in person.
1. I will never deprive someone of an affiliate commission they deserve or have earned.
2. I will abide by the license restrictions for all resale products I acquire.
3. I will not engage in excessive, irritating or deceptive entrance/exit popups.
4. I will address all customer service/support requests in a timely manner.
This code will no doubt be questioned and it will, as a result of the normal course of human emotion and reaction, evolve. But, we have here a starting point from which to proceed.
If you are in agreement with this code, tell every marketer you know about it and get them on board. It’s our business to take care of our business. Post your comments and suggestions and feel free to contact me directly. It’s time to take a stand.
If you cant make money online in an honest manor then you shouldn’t be doing it at all. If you were trading in a shop or on a market stall you wouldn’t try and sell a chocolate teapot to someone as a functioning teapot would you!! Think about it!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Tagged with: Affiliate Commission • Applicable Laws • Bad Eggs • Code Of Ethics • Due Respect • Internet Ethics • Internet Marketer • Internet Marketers • Laws And Regulations • License Restrictions • Manipulative Sales • Misleading Headlines • Peers • Promotional Materials • Prospects • Resale Products • Sales Materials • Sales Tactics • Step In The Right Direction • Subject Lines
Filed under: Rules of Marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!